Little Mix is taking over more than the charts. This month, powerhouse and online retailer ASOS teamed up with Leigh-Anne Pinnock, one-quarter of British girl group Little Mix, for the latest ASOS DESIGN collection. ASOS has curated over 85,000 products over thousands of edits, across verticals like ASOS DESIGN and ASOS 4505, to give customers the confidence to be whoever they want to be.
Personally edited and curated by Leigh-Anne, the collection is "packed full of trend-led pieces" that range from every day to late-night looks. This 58-piece set oozes with 90s nostalgia, including but not limited to slouchy denim, oversized coats, and opulent jewel tones. A self-proclaimed 90s fashion enthusiast, this collection is said to be a direct reflection of Leigh-Anne's personal style. This collection has every trend you need for the rest of 2020 so keep reading to get a few of our favorite items!
*Some links are affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through one of our links, xoNecole may earn a small commission.
ASOS DESIGN Belted Slouchy Dad Pants in Pinstripe
A trend that continues to give us life, these slouchy suit pants should be at the top of your list. This look is perfect for a business brunch, casual business meeting, or the like. The pinstripe exudes a sense of professionalism while the relaxed fit keeps it casual and youthful. These pants can easily be dressed up or down, depending on your personal style.
ASOS DESIGN Teddy Bonded Collared Coat in Cream
Oh, honey sign us up! This is the coat of autumn/winter dreams, and the length is perfectly on-trend. You can effortlessly dress this up or down, and finish it off beautifully with knee-high boots or white sneakers.
ASOS DESIGN Open Collar Sweater and Wide Leg Pant Co-ord in Cream | ASOS
This is the perfect matching set to transition into the colder months. The open collar gives you the flexibility to wear it asymmetrical, which is a huge trend for 2020. It has exaggerated sleeves that add the perfect amount of volume; the wide-leg pants add a layer of professionalism to the uniform, without sacrificing the relaxed nature.
ASOS DESIGN Leather Look High-Neck Tuck Sleeve Mini Dress with Belt
Leather, faux or real, is such a trend for 2020 and into 2021. The length of the mini dress elongates the leg and contrasts the conservative high neck, especially when paired with stunning boots.
ASOS DESIGN Extreme Ruched Bardot Mini Dress in Chartreuse
Another mini dress but oh, such a different vibe! This off-the-shoulder dress is perfect for date night or girl's night out. The prominence of the collar bone and shoulder exudes sex appeal, while the color keeps it fun and flirty.
ASOS DESIGN Claudia Knee High Boots in Tan
If you can't tell, we love boots here at xoNecole and these are at the top of our list. The height, color, and fabric are all perfect to elevate your everyday style.
Be sure to check out the full collection here.
Are you a member of our insiders squad? Join us in the xoTribe Members Community today!
Featured image via ASOS DESIGN
Courtney is a contributing writer, based in Puerto Rico by way of Tennessee. Interested in the intersection of fashion and culture, she has an affinity for fashion, empowerment, and really good tacos. Keep up with her on Instagram (@hautecourtxo).
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Jackie Aina is the embodiment of Black girl luxury, and her crib is no exception. Located in a ritzy area in Los Angeles, CA, Jackie’s home is equipped with all the things every fancy girl needs: an upscale kitchen, elevator, and fabulous pool. Luckily for us, the YouTuber opened up her home with the ultimate house tour. In a video on Tayo Aina’s (no relation) YouTube channel, Jackie goes from room to room, showing us her interior design style while also dishing on her life and career.
Jackie began making beauty content on YouTube in 2009, and from there, she’s grown her empire through collaborations with makeup brands like Too Faced. Now, she is the co-founder of the candle company FORVR Mood. The former Army reservist is known for her colorful personality, but her home is the opposite, which is on purpose. “Personally, because I have such a big, bold, colorful personality, I like to dress big and bold, I want to be the color in my home,” she said. “I don’t want my home to be the color. I want you to see me.”
She continued, “I want the house to be calming, and I want the house to blend in. I don’t want it to attract too much attention.” Her home may not be screaming look at me, but it’s definitely giving quiet luxury. Check it out below:
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
Jackie revealed that she and her fiancé, Denis Asamoah, eat their meals at their breakfast nook daily.
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
“When my fiancé and I bought this house, I really wanted a double island kitchen, and the irony is like I don’t cook at all,” she said. Jackie explained that because she’s Black, African, and a woman, she’s expected to cook, and she doesn’t like doing what’s expected. “Why can’t I be good at other things? Like that doesn’t make me a woman if I don’t cook in the [kitchen].
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
The star of the family room is the big, L-shaped white couch, and according to the YouTube star, her couch is so comfy you can melt into it.
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
Jackie’s office houses the trophies and plagues that she received from YouTube and Shopify.
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
The entrepreneur’s backyard has the same feel as the inside of the house. It has a gigantic pool and comfortable seating. “I’m very big on enjoy it while you have it,” she said.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Tayo Aina/ YouTube