Searching for the perfect bra has been a never-ending struggle for women across the globe. Each of us are created differently with a variety of bra sizes and preferences with a limited amount of bra types and features. Although women have different needs and preferences, all of us can agree that the ideal aspects of the best bras for women are support, comfort, and versatility when shopping for the perfect fit.
Instead of endlessly browsing the internet for what we believe to be the best bras for women on the market, we turned to real women with a range of cup sizes to get personal recommendations of brands and go-to undergarments that comfortably uplift and support their active lifestyles all while boosting self-confidence throughout the day. Each of these women have different needs and levels of support so let's take a look at what they have in common when on the hunt for the best bras ever.
Courtesy of Terrie
"Being a member of the IBTC (Itty Bitty Titty Committee) for the last 27 years, it's a waste of time and effort to wear a bra as well as investing in so many when I don't have much breast-to-bra ratio. I look for bras focused more on seamlessness, comfortability, and versatility that have very minimal to no wiring (ex. sports bra, lounge bra, etc.). I know when I've found the perfect bra when I live in it and then proceed to buy in bulk and multiple colors."
Best 36A Bra Recommendations:
Aerie - Seamless
Colsie, Target - Lounge Bra
Courtesy of Gabrielle
"I love a bra that isn't bulky or a bra that is seamless so it won't show through my clothing. At the moment, I love Aerie brand bras. I can go through the whole day without adjusting it and it doesn't show through my clothing."
Best 32B Bra Recommendation:
Aerie - Lightly Lined Bra
Courtesy of Julia
"I look for comfortability, little to no padding, breathable fabric and something I can easily maneuver to pull down for my son when breastfeeding. I know I've found the perfect bra when it feels like I don't have one on."
Best 34C Bra Recommendations:
True and Co - Seamless True Body Scoop Neck
Pansy Co - Seamless
Courtesy of Tyteana
"When shopping, I look for comfortable wire bras in a range of cute colors."
Best 34D Bra Recommendation:
Victoria Secret Pink - Lightly Lined T Shirt Bra
Courtesy of AK
"When shopping for a bra, support, lift, and most of all comfortability in the band is important. Most people don't realize that your breasts may not be as big, but your cup [or] band size is determined by your overall chest size. I'm bigger around my midriff area so I need a seamless bra that doesn't feel as tight. I know I've found the perfect bra when I achieve an amazing lift, it's versatile and comfortable!"
Best 34D Bra Recommendation:
Auden, Target brand - Lightly Lined Strapless
Courtesy of Kayla Sharayne
"I look for a bra that will support, minimize, and lift my girls up! I usually prefer a wire bra, but I'm on the hunt for a seamless bra that will be super comfortable while supporting my size. My favorite brand right now is Savage X Fenty—because of the affordable, all-inclusive sizes Rihanna provides—and Lane Bryant/Cacique Lifestyle. I know I've found the perfect bra when I feel and look my best in my clothes! That's when I can really tell my bra is doing what it needs to do."
Best 42DDD Bra Recommendations:
Savage X Fenty - Flocked Logo Unlined
Cacique, Lane Bryant - Lightly Lined Full Coverage
Courtesy of Candice
"My bra size fluctuates. I typically wear a 38H, but I also find myself in G or I cups so when shopping for bras, I tend to prefer the breathable fabrics like lace and full supportive accurate cup sizing. In leisure activities and exercise, I prefer seamless and breathable, however I favor wire bras for the look it provides and enhancing the overall shape and fullness of my breasts. I know I have found an amazing bra when I forget I am wearing one altogether. I have an obsession with bras from Parfait Lingerie. They are available in my size and have lots of flirty, supportive looks."
Best 38H Bra Recommendation:
Parfait Lingerie - Padded Bra
Featured image courtesy of Julia
- Over 80% of Women are Wearing the Wrong Bra Size. This Is How ... ›
- I Went Braless For A Week - Here's What Happened - xoNecole ... ›
- 16 Most Comfortable Bras 2020 — Best Comfy Bras for Support ›
- 18 Best Bra Brands of 2020 | Where to Buy the Best Bra ›
- Best bras in 2020: ThirdLove, Hanes, Natori, and more - Business ... ›
- The 3 Best Bras Ever, According to Real Women | Who What Wear ›
- 16 Best Bra Brands 2020 - Top Bras for Comfort, Support, and Fit ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
There are moments on our health journey when our bodies are bugging us to hit the reset button.
With life, we can start to see slips in our diet, irregular exercising, and inconsistent sleep schedules, and our mental health can suffer because of it. But what many people come to find is that with just a few adjustments — as opposed to restrictions — being made to their food intake, we can see a focus more on eating “the right” calories and less on being on a restrictive diet.
"Raw Till 4" is a dietary concept and lifestyle associated with the raw vegan and high-carb, low-fat vegan (HCLF) movements. Created by Australian blogger and YouTube star known as 'Freelee the Banana Girl', the method suggests eating raw, uncooked plant-based foods until 4 p.m. each day and then having a cooked, vegan meal in the evening.
The Raw Till 4 lifestyle follows the guidelines of vegan and rawist eating and involves consuming fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and sprouted grains in an uncooked, natural state until the designated time of 4 p.m. or around one’s typical dinner time. After 4 p.m., a cooked vegan meal is consumed, which may include foods like steamed vegetables, grains, legumes, and plant-based sources of protein like tofu or tempeh.
On TikTok, creator Adina Yaffa is repopularizing the trend, sharing how it’s helped to improve digestion, boost energy levels, and support weight loss.
Replying to @🌜kat🌛 here is what I eat in a day on a raw till 4 lifestyle. I eat with the sun and according to the circadian rhythm that out bodies follow on a typical day. Where i drink liquids during the first 8 hours, then juicy fruits, then smoothies, more dense building fats, proteins and veggies! #snatchedwaist #bellyfat #bellybloat #smallwaist #hourglass #rawtill4
“During the hours of 4 a.m. and 8 a.m., your body is in an elimination phase and needs all the help it can get,” Yaffa says in the clip. “So what you’re going to do is drink coconut water, citrus juices, and green juices during this time, and around 8 a.m., you can break your fast with some fruit. I suggest juicing fruits, and then after that, I suggest having a smoothie or a bowl with berries and granola so you can get your fats and healthy proteins in.”
Raw till 4 has so many benefits including better digestion, nutrients, belly fat and bloat elimination, snatched waist, more energy and so much more! #snatchedwaist #bellyfat #bellybloat #smallwaist #hourglass
On the official Raw Till 4 website, Freelee the Banana Girl shares tips on how to get the best outcomes of this lifestyle change, which include:
- “Stay hydrated! You should pee about 8-12 times per day, and your urine should be clear. Drink 1 liter of water when you wake up in the morning, and 1 liter of water about 30 minutes before each meal for optimal results.”
- “Fragmented sodium (salt) should be kept to a minimum. Use herbs, lemon juice, etc. wherever possible in place of salt.”
- “Eat unlimited calories at every meal, no restriction. The majority of your calories each day should come from fruit. Don’t under-eat on fruit during the day or 'save up' your calories for dinner time. RT4 is about abundance at every meal.”
- “Move your body daily. Find an activity you love and make it your playful exercise.”
- “Make sure to get lots of rest, relaxation, and good sleep. Learning to incorporate good rest, early nights, and regular sleeping patterns into your life will greatly improve your overall health.”
- “Practice gratitude and peaceful emotions at mealtime, and get a vision book started! Be sure to enjoy this journey. Focus on long-term health instead of short-term results.”
Critics argue that it can be challenging to get all the necessary nutrients from a raw vegan diet and that it may not be suitable for everyone, especially over the long term.
As with any diet, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional or registered dietitian before making significant dietary changes to ensure that it meets your individual nutritional needs and health goals.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by FreshSplash/Getty Images