If I don't know anything else, I do know one thing, whenever Ford comes through the city, it's a lituation!
In partnership with media company ESSENCE Magazine, Ford made their presence known once again – this time in Atlanta for their annual Ford My City 4 Ways Atlanta Culture Festival experience. The one-day event acts as a mecca where music, food, art, and style culminate. And this year, the automaker made it a point to emphasize that Atlanta is truly where the culture is by celebrating the many facets the A has to offer.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sheriden Chanel
The weekend festival kicked off with a special dinner held at the Beltline Studios where innovators and tastemakers were invited out to preview what Ford had in store, including enticing guests to "go further" with the rollout of their 2018 Ford Mustang. With its 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 engine, I was instantly reminded of my ride and drive experience with Ford during ESSENCE Fest when I got behind the wheel and experienced that baby's purr and roar up close and personal.[ia_video https://s3.amazonaws.com/roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/runner%2F6439-IMG_7621.mov source="https://s3.amazonaws.com/roar-assets-auto.rbl.ms/runner%2F6439-IMG_7621.mov" autoplay=true feedbacks=true shortcode_id=1537381268110 expand=1 ]
Guests were treated to a special menu curated by Chef Aleem on the rooftop of the studios, so we got a taste of a delicious feast while overlooking views galore, compliments of the city of Atlanta. (Sidebar: the rose roasted chicken with the sweet potato mash and wilted spinach was divine). The thing that speaks to me most about Ford is its constant dedication to making sure they tap into an urban market. Being surrounded by ladies and men who represented different aspects of the media, as well as multiple shades of blackness, was a personification of community. And it was amazing to be a part of.
PHOTO CREDIT: Sheriden Chanel
PHOTO CREDIT: Sheriden Chanel
PHOTO CREDIT: Sheriden Chanel
The next day the actual cultural festival took place, and although not as intimate as the dinner the night before, it was still a show of community and a celebration of love, for each other, as well as Atlanta. Held at the Mason Fine Art Gallery, it was a bigger version of the previous night's festivities, as even more cultural leaders were invited to show up and show out. ATL's own R&B Queen Monica reminded festivalgoers to "Don't Take It Personal" as she gave us the gift of hearing some of greatest hits live and in living color, flawlessly as ever. An electric violinist named Joy Black also amped up the mood throughout the gallery, assisting with the soundtrack of the day.
PHOTO CREDIT: Nigel DeGraff
The hostess with the mostess for the night was none other than emcee extraordinaire, MC Lyte. Hors d'oeuvres prepped by Chef Aleem and musician turned celebrity chef Kelis circulated throughout the room as guests vibed. The Ford "Ride & Drive" experience was back in full effect, allowing guests and consumers to get a one-on-one experience with the product by test driving the Mustang, the F-150, and of course, the new 2018 Ford Expedition.
In addition to music, food, and vibes, attendees got the pop up shop experience thanks to the contributions of art influencer Melissa Mitchell, lifestyle influencer Kenya Freeman, and entrepreneur Milan Amani. Lip Bar founder Melissa Butler added a little variety to the mix by putting attendees onto the Lip Bar experience where guests could become familiar with the bold and fearless array of colors her lipstick brand has to offer.
I swear to God, I love my city.
Check out some of our favorite moments from the festival by clicking through the gallery below:
To learn more about future Ford My City 4 Ways events, click here and RSVP.
Featured image by Nigel DeGraff
- Loved My Essence + Ford My City 4 Ways Food, Arts, Music and ... ›
- Essence 'My City, Four Ways - Atlanta' Presented By Ford Photos ... ›
- Essence And Ford "My City 4 Ways" ›
- 'MY CITY, FOUR WAYS – ATLANTA' CULTURE FESTIVAL ... ›
- ESSENCE + FORD Presents: My City, 4 Ways ATLANTA 2017 ... ›
- Essence 'My City 4 Ways' defining a new culture experience in ... ›
- Scene On The Scene: Kelis & Raheem Devaughn Spotted At Ford ... ›
- My City 4 Ways ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
What's a classic manicure look getting a fall 2023 aesthetic update? Look no further than the micro-French nails that are trending this fall. Minimal nail art ideas are in, and the super thin lines within the micro-French nail trend scream minimal chic when it comes to nail design choice.
If you're wondering exactly what to request from your nail tech, according to Cosmopolitan, there's been "a rise in micro-French manis on square nail shapes." And if you are in need of a little nail inspo to bookmark for your next appointment, we have you covered on that front, too.
Keep scrolling for design ideas for your future set of micro-French nails.
Micro-French Nail Art Ideas
Micro-French Fall Nails
Minimal Nail Art Designs for Fall
Fall Micro-French Nails
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Tatsiana Volkava/Getty Images