Sabrina and Idris Elba are national treasures that should be protected at all costs.
The couple recently announced that they have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and confirmed the self-quarantine hype. If you aren't on a mandated self-lockdown by now, you probably should be, and Sabrina has the perfect skincare tutorial to get you through without losing your sanity.
In a recent episode of ELLE UK's "Wake Up With Me", Sabrina opened up about the morning routine that helps her slay the day, and according to her, it always starts by checking in with her mom and and her ridiculously delicious husband:
Sabrina Elba On Morning 'Us' Time With Husband Idris And Blood-Infused Moisturiser | Waking Up Withwww.youtube.com
"Usually, my husband's here but I'm traveling and he's working and we would have my 'us time'. That's probably the first thing I do every morning with him. Just check-in, make sure we're good and then we can carry on about our days and it's just a nice way to start."
Along with QT with loved ones, Sabrina says that her plasma-infused moisturizer is the key to getting herself all the way together for the day ahead:
"Barbara Strum can make a face cream using your plasma. So she takes a bit of blood, mixes it around, separates the plasma, makes it into her face cream. Kind of sounds gross, but it works really well and it's made just for you."
For more details on Sabrina's morning routine, scroll below!
*Some links are affiliate links. If you make a purchase, xoNecole may earn a small commission.
FOREO Issa 2 Rechargeable Electric Regular Toothbrush
"I love starting with this serum. When I break out, I tend to get dark spots for a long time, so I make sure to use this after every wash. I'm guilty of mixing two serums, as well. I'm getting older now, so the more the better, and this is from YSL."
Dr. Barbra Sturm
"I kind of actually like to start off [my makeup routine] by moisturizing my lips. I know it's a sleeping mask, but I like to use it in the day."
"Charlotte Tilbury's Airbrush Flawless Finish is like literally that, an airbrush flawless finish and it goes on really thin, too, so you don't feel too powdery. Just where I get oily during the day, you know?"
Fenty Beauty Full Frontal Volume, Lift & Curl Mascara
"Let's move on to a bit of mascara and we're done. Fenty, who doesn't love this brand? Her new mascara is phenom. I do have lash extensions, but I like to put a little bit on top. I know they tell you you shouldn't, but a little mascara never hurt anyone."
Featured image by Cubankite / Shutterstock.com
- The untold truth of Idris Elba's wife, Sabrina ›
- Idris Elba's Wife Sabrina Dhowre Tests Positive For Coronavirus ... ›
- Idris Elba's Bride Sabrina Dhowre's Wedding Makeup: Details ›
- Idris Elba and his stunning wife Sabrina twin in all-black ensembles ... ›
- Waking Up With Sabrina Elba - The Model And Podcast ... - Flipboard ›
- My Beauty Edit: Sabrina Elba ›
- Waking Up With Sabrina Elba - The Model And Podcast Founder On ... ›
- Sabrina Elba's Wedding Make-Up Tutorial, By Charlotte Tilbury ... ›
Taylor "Pretty" Honore is a spiritually centered and equally provocative rapper from Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a love for people and storytelling. You can probably find me planting herbs in your local community garden, blasting "Back That Thang Up" from my mini speaker. Let's get to know each other: @prettyhonore.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
We all have a dream life that we spend our free time daydreaming about. You know, the one with a loving partner, high-rise apartment, thriving career, and endless abundance. But as much as we can dream about it, there has to be a little extra sprinkle of “magic” to make it become a reality, and that’s when manifestation comes in.
The uptick in manifestation techniques is nothing new to the internet. Since The Secret and the Law of Attraction became available on YouTube in the early 2010s and fast forward to today, where #manifestationtok and #spiritualtok surging in popularity, it’s clear that there are a number of different ways to get what you want out of life with the right action, affirmation, and visualization.
Still, with so many ways to manifest, from scripting to the 3-6-9 Method, it can be hard to know which one to lean into. But there’s one new technique that’s promising to yield “instant results,” and we’re curious about it.
The "I Am Sure" Manifestation
Replying to @A I M E E 🖤 lG: hothighpriestess 🤍 this is the “I am sure” method #iamsuremethod
The “I Am Sure” manifestation gained traction this summer by TikTok creator Sara Perl of @hothighpriestess, who initially introduced the method.
In her original video breaking down the concept, she detailed the steps to use the technique for those looking to “manifest overnight.” To do so, start by stating “I am sure,” followed by “your desired manifestation in the present tense.” If there’s a job, promotion, or text from a crush that you want, then you’d say, “I am sure that I got X job,” or “I am sure that I make a $100K salary.” Repeat this out loud 10 times, or for faster results, write them down on a piece of paper and say it back to yourself whenever the desire comes up.
Using your words and speaking in the present tense, affirmatively, “puts you in the frequency that has that desire,” as Perl states. “We know our thoughts create our reality, but our words create our reality even faster.”
No matter how you choose to manifest your dream life, there’s nothing like channeling a powerful affirmation and some faith to get what you desire. In every instance, though, allow yourself to dismiss any doubt that may try to cloud your hopes in good things coming into your life, and don’t hold too tightly onto the “how” or “when.” Trust the process and know that the “thing” that you desire is just waiting for the perfect time to enter your life.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Tassii/Getty Images