If there's one thing Pharrell Williams is synonymous with other than music, it's his ability to look eternally youthful. At 47, Pharrell has managed to look virtually the same for the last 20 years. And now the multihyphenate is dropping the skincare routine that is the secret behind his age-defying looks, granting us unlimited access to the fountain of youth. Consider us ready to take a drink.
In addition to his profile in style and music as an icon, the "Happy" artist has long since been noted as skincare goals by anyone who comes across him and in interviews is often asked the question (in some form or fashion), "What's your skincare routine?" His forthcoming skincare line Humanrace will answer that question in totality for once and for all.
With the launch of Humanrace, Pharrell is proving skincare and self-care is not only a woman thing, it's a human thing. The vegan, clean, fragrance-free, gender-neutral skincare line offers something for everyone and will help us level up our skincare game. The line is a collaboration between Pharrell and his dermatologist, Dr. Elena Jones, and will be released in phases, similarly to another singing beauty entrepreneur we all know.
First up in his skincare line debut are three products, aptly referred to as "The Three-Minute Facial". He shared in a press release:
"It's created to take three minutes morning and night. Your face is the result of the spirit behind it; it's important to take care of your skin and to also take time for yourself each day."
Is Pharrell out here giving a sermon about skincare or my life? Either way, I have been delivert! "The Three-Minute Facial" includes: A cleanser, an exfoliant, and a moisturizer.
The Rice Powder Cleanser ($32) arrives dry, and once mixed with water it leaves your skin so fresh and so clean. An added bonus is that its ingredient list contains AHAs. The Lotus Enzyme Exfoliator ($46) is a great follow-up to the cleanser and includes glycolic acid which does wonders for evening the skin, reducing acne, and minimizing the appearance of pores and wrinkles. The final step is the Humidifying Cream ($48) where hyaluronic acid and snow mushroom extract is combined to add a creamy layer of moisture to your skin. Secure the bag and save some coins by opting for the Routine Pack ($100) which contains all three of the products in one.
The line is majorly inspired by his own skincare journey (which he started in his mid-twenties), so the line's focus on exfoliating should be of no surprise, as the entertainer has sung exfoliation praises in the past for getting his skin all the way together. In a 2017 interview with Dazed Digital, he stated:
"I exfoliate like a madman. When you exfoliate and you drink a lot of water, that does good for you. To me, the key is just exfoliating like a monster. There's a lot of dead skin. All the time. Like a narcissistic madman."
He further articulated that point recently when he sat with Allure Magazine to drop the details behind Humanrace. Pharrell explained:
"Sometimes you need to cleanse your spirit. Sometimes you just need to cleanse your mind. Sometimes you've just got to get rid of some dead skin.
"Sometimes you've got to get rid of some bad habits. Sometimes you just need to be humidified, brought to life. Sometimes your spirit needs that."
All of these products will be available exclusively on Humanrace.com which will launch on November 25.
Until then, here is a timeline of Pharrell being skincare goals throughout the years:
Cubankite / Shutterstock.com
Ron Adar / Shutterstock.com
Tinseltown / Shutterstock.com
Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com
s_bukley / Shutterstock.com
Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com
Are you a member of our insiders squad? Join us in the xoTribe Members Community today!
Featured image by DFree / Shutterstock.com
- Pharrell Williams Launches Humanrace Skincare Line: Details ›
- Pharrell Is Launching a Skin-Care Line, Humanrace and We Tried It ... ›
- Pharrell Williams on Humanrace Skin Care, Entrepreneurship and ... ›
- Pharrell Williams x adidas Originals Collection ›
- Pharrell Williams Releases Skin-care Line Humanrace Wellness ›
- Pharrell Williams Humanrace Skincare Line Release Date and ... ›
- Pharrell Williams announces gender-neutral skincare line | Music ... ›
New Jersey native creating a life that she loves while living in gratitude. She loves using beauty, and fashion to create a balanced lifestyle while prioritizing wellness. A devoted fur mom, and a full-time lover of laughter. She is out for revenge against the darkness by being light, taking her own advice, traveling the world, and letting you know that you are so lit! Connect with her via IG @iamzaniah and please visit Zaniahsworld.com
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Watching Angela “Blac Chyna” White’s transformation in real-time has truly been a sight to see. It wasn’t that long ago that she announced that she was reversing her cosmetic surgeries in an effort to go back to who she was before the world came to know her as Blac Chyna. In previous interviews, she stated that she was dissolving her facial and lip fillers, removing her breast implants, and getting a butt reduction, as well as removing the dimple piercings that enhanced her fame and controversial tattoos.
In a recent Tamron Hall interview, the mother of two said that she has “fully recovered” from the procedures. She is also celebrating one year of sobriety and opened up about being worried about how her new journey would be received by others.
“I’ve been in the entertainment industry for so long, right, and of course, like, you know, coming out, I’m like young, I’m gonna do wild things as we all have,” she said.
“...I feel like by me being vocal and showing everybody you can change your life and things can get better, like through myself, that right there is an accomplishment, and that’s a part of freedom, too.”
But as she started on her journey, many people have shown her grace, which is something she’s grateful for. “And then the fact that people have been showing me grace, it’s like amazing,” she said. “And I feel like when I did it, I just did it. It was more so like spiritual thing and I feel like people see that, and I’ve always been like my authentic self, so what you see is kinda what you get with me, and that’s just kinda what it is.”
Chyna, who recently received an honorary doctorate from Sacramento Theology Seminary and Bible College, has also repaired her relationship with her mom, Tokyo Toni. The social media celebrity surprised her daughter on the Tamron Hall Show. Prior to the sentimental surprise, Chyna dished on the reconciliation and having a better understanding of her mom.
“I must say, some of the things I have to take accountability for because, like my actions. As a mother, you don’t want to see your daughter doing certain things ‘cause it’s like it doesn’t matter what my past was or what we’re going through, I didn’t raise you that way,” she admitted. “So, it’s like, okay, maybe I was a little bit wrong. Maybe I was acting out a little bit. But I feel like as we grow older, I kinda see more, and I understand more.”
Chyna will be starring in season two of Fox's reality competition show Special Forces: World's Toughest Test.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Kevin Winter/Getty Images