Being in a relationship with an Aquarius is like having a best friend and a lover in one. You can count on them to support you in all ways and make you feel like you are special. They love the individuality of others and there is nothing too weird or too unusual to the eye of an Aquarius, making the people in a relationship with them feel comfortable to be themselves. They have no problem finding a love match, but will only fully commit to the right one. They value consistency and loyalty, but will not restrict or dedicate themselves without being 100% completely sure about it.
Love for Aquarius is about making sense. This sign is ruled by Saturn and Uranus, and people often forget about the Saturn part. They are adventurous, rebellious souls, but they do so with purpose, intent, and in a structured way. They also expect this type of balance between freedom and commitment within their relationships. They are looking for a partner who can bring something different to the table and that isn’t like anyone else they’ve ever met before. An Aquarius is like a unicorn in love looking for another unicorn.
Although it can be difficult to get close to an Aquarius and they only let a few people in, when you are in, an Aquarius will be there for you until the end. Read below to see how your sign matches with this air sign:
AQUARIUS + ARIES
This couple is fun, adventurous, dynamic, and supportive of one another. Aquarius and Aries are often on the same wavelength and they also respect each other's differences rather than being turned off by them. Being that these are both highly independent individuals, they do need to make sure they are taking the time to meet in the middle and not create too many completely separate lives away from each other. Other than that, when it works it works, and these two have what it takes to go the distance if they are both committed to doing so.
AQUARIUS + TAURUS
This match isn’t the best of the best, and for obvious reasons. The Aquarius and Taurus live in different worlds and don’t often want to visit where each other is. Aquarius thinks and Taurus senses. Aquarius wants to talk it out, and Taurus wants to experience it. Aquarius also tends to be a few steps ahead of Taurus, as Taurus likes to go at their own pace and rushes their energy for nobody. These two may work if they have other prominent air and earth factors in the birth chart, other than that, there are a lot of disagreements and conflicts here.
AQUARIUS + GEMINI
Aquarius and Gemini are soulmates. Aquarius is one of the only signs in the zodiac that flows well with Gemini rather than fights against them. They see something special and unique about Gemini and vice versa. The conversation between these two signs is impeccable, and they can talk for hours. This is a fun relationship, where they both like to go out and spend time with friends, and there is a lightheartedness that they both crave within a relationship. Aquarius and Gemini are a meant-to-be type of love.
Catherine Falls Commercial/Getty Images
AQUARIUS + CANCER
The compatibility isn’t the best match for Aquarius, but it is not the worst either. If these two can understand that they have a lot to learn from each other and that their differences aren’t weaknesses but rather mirrors of each other, then this relationship can be successful. The only major challenge here is the emotional world of them both. Aquarius is at a 1 and Cancer is at a 100. However, Cancer’s energy can be good for Aquarius and help them be more vulnerable and open emotionally, which is beneficial to any relationship.
AQUARIUS + LEO
Aquarius and Leo are where opposites attract. They are sister signs in astrology, meaning that these two signs are on the exact opposite sides of the zodiac wheel. You can envision this as yin and yang coming together as one. An Aquarius and Leo relationship is full of main character energy, and they both hold themselves well. Leo is intrigued by Aquarius’ eccentric and quirky behavior and supports them in their self-expression. Egos can clash here from time to time, all in all, however, Aquarius can’t deny how much they adore their bold Leos.
AQUARIUS + VIRGO
Aquarius and Virgo are where intellect and respect meet. They have a lot in common, and both express themselves emotionally in similar ways. This connection is a hit or miss, as they may meet and immediately have a soulmate connection and a relationship full of inspiration, understanding, and grace. On the other hand, they may never get to that place and the relationship may stay stuck at the beginning stages of a connection. These two must be willing to dive deeper than good conversation to make it work.
AQUARIUS + LIBRA
Libra is one of the only signs that can get Aquarius to the altar. Aquarius is ready to risk it all for Libra and vice versa. These two just get each other, and Libra opens up Aquarius’ emotional world in a way where they don’t feel forced. Aquarius and Libra are a fun couple with the best outfits and outgoing demeanors. There is a good give and take in this relationship and they both meet each other where the other is. This is one of the best matches for Aquarius and they tend to fall for each other quickly.
AQUARIUS + SCORPIO
Aquarius and Scorpio are an oddball couple. They don’t immediately seem like a great match to others, but when you dive a little deeper, you can see where the connection forms. Being both fixed signs, these two value loyalty, confidence, and stability in life. They know where each other stands and there is no second-guessing here. This, however, is another relationship though where egos may clash often and some mind games and power struggles may arise here. This relationship can work if both are in it for the right reasons.
Morsa Images/Getty Images
AQUARIUS + SAGITTARIUS
Aquarius and Sagittarius are a couple that is all about experiencing life together and learning from each other. They are both explorers of the mind, and Sagittarius helps Aquarius get out of their shell more. There are plenty of positive adventures that these two have together, and this is a couple who are both lovers and best friends. The chemistry is impeccable between these two, and that includes in the bed. Overall, this relationship has all the necessary components to succeed, and it’s all about being at the right place and the right time in life for both of them.
AQUARIUS + CAPRICORN
Aquarius and Capricorn are often fond and intrigued by each other. Being both ruled by Saturn, they have a common ground upon a relationship to be built upon. These two work on their relationship from the ground up and are both willing to put in the necessary time and patience needed for it to work. Over time, the relationship may go stale with the lack of emotional energy on both sides, and if they can learn to switch up the usual routine, go on frequent date nights, and spend time together, this relationship can be a successful one where they build a nice life together.
AQUARIUS + AQUARIUS
An Aquarius and an Aquarius duo are not very common, but when they do meet they feel the magic. There is an instinctual knowing and connection that they have right away, but a lot of the time these two are better off as friends than lovers. See, Aquarius is the least common sign in the world, and they like their sense of individualism. Being in a relationship with someone more similar to them than anything is more of a turn-off for Aquarius as they like the fact that no one is like them. This relationship can work depending on the place in life Aquarius is in.
AQUARIUS + PISCES
This is a sweet pairing and a sweet couple. Pisces may be the best water sign match for Aquarius, as Aquarius finds something endearing about emotional Pisces rather than disruptive. There is a very special connection here that often goes missing, and Aquarius gets to take a break from all the logical thinking and indulge in a little fantasy when in a relationship with Pisces. Pisces may not always receive what they are looking for with Aquarius however, as they need that emotional rapport, but if Aquarius is willing to open up and be a little more vulnerable, this relationship can be magic.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
- The Best And Worst Traits Of Men To Date By Their Zodiac Sign ›
- The Personality & Love Compatibility Of An Aquarius, Explained. ›
- This Is How Each Zodiac Sign Pairs With Scorpio In Matters Of The Heart ›
- Watch This Couple Of 14 Years Compare Their Relationship Compatibility To Astrology ›
- The Love Compatibility Between An Aquarius Man & An Aries Woman ›
- Aquarius Compatibility - Aquarius Love Horoscope - ELLE.com ›
- Aquarius Zodiac Signs: Personality Traits, Love Compatibility ... ›
- Aquarius Compatibility With Each Zodiac Sign ›
- Aquarius Man Personality Traits, Love Compatibility, and Dating ... ›
- Who Is Aquarius Most (and Least) Compatible With? | Well+Good ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
2023 has become the year of celebrity breakups with headlines breaking left and right about celebs filing for divorce or ending high-profile relationships. The latest couple to announce their dissolution? British actress Jodie Turner-Smith. TMZ reported that Jodie has filed for a divorce from her husband, Dawson Creek alum Joshua Jackson.
As far as her reason for calling it quits, Jodie cited "irreconcilable differences," according to TMZ, and has requested joint custody of the couple's daughter, Juno Rose Diana Jackson. Late last year there were rumblings of there being "trouble in paradise" for the couple after the media realized they were no longer following each other on Instagram.
Those rumors were more than laid to rest when Jodie and Joshua went to the 2023 Oscars together earlier this year, and even more recently, when they celebrated her birthday together last month during the September unveiling of the Lotus Emeya.
Jodie Turner-Smith celebrates her birthday with husband Joshua Jackson at the unveiling of the new fully-electric Lotus Emeya on September 07, 2023 in New York City.
Brian Ach/Getty Images for Lotus
Despite seeming particularly happy and in love, perhaps the writing was already written on the wall even then. In the past, Jodie has been very celebratory publicly about her love for her estranged husband, even boldly recounting their love story for the books in a 2021 interview with Seth Meyers.
When Jodie and Joshua met, it was while at his birthday party in 2018. Their relationship was hot and heavy from the start, with Jodie openly noting that they began as a "one-night stand." During her 2021 interview with Seth Meyers, she jokingly referred to their love story as a "three-year one-night stand." She shared:
"First of all, I saw him before he saw me and when I saw him, I was like, 'I want that.' And then when he saw me, I just pretended like I didn't see him. He had to yell across the room to me, and I was wearing this T-shirt from a movie called Sorry to Bother You and [actress] Tessa Thompson plays a character called Detroit, and she has this T-shirt that says, 'The Future Is Female Ejaculation.'
"And so, he shouts across the room, 'Detroit!' He comes over and… does this really cute, charming thing that he does and just all night -- he just basically followed me around the party."
The couple were together from that moment forth, and even made things "Instagram official" less than two weeks later while on a dinner date. Joshua would later clarify to Insider that the night they met in 2018 was not a 'one-night stand' or a 'three-year one-night stand' like his then-wife joked but instead, it was "technically a three-night stand."
"It was sealed with a kiss that night and then we didn't leave each other's sides for, well, three years now," Joshua continued at the time.
In a July 2021 interview with Jimmy Fallon, Joshua dropped more details about the why behind getting married. He revealed that he didn't know he wanted to get married to Jodie until "the moment she asked me."
"She asked me on New Year's Eve. We were in Nicaragua. It was very beautiful, incredibly romantic, we were walking down the beach and she asked me to marry her."
He added, "I did not know [she would propose], but she was quite adamant and she was right. This is the best choice I ever made."
Joshua Jackson Reveals Jodie Turner-Smith Proposed To Him
Jodie received quite a bit of flack for proposing to Joshua because it goes against tradition and what society sees as acceptable for a woman to do to a man, and proposing isn't one of them. No matter how much time has passed, the viewpoints around who should do the proposing and who should be proposed to are still very traditional.
After being on the receiving end of such backlash, Joshua would later clarify to the media in a separate interview that it wasn't just Jodie's proposal to him that sealed the deal of them getting married, he proposed to her too. She might have initiated it, but Joshua followed through.
"I accidentally threw my wife under the bus because that story was told quickly and it didn't give the full context and holy Jesus, the internet is racist and misogynist," he explained to Refinery29 that same year. "We were in Nicaragua on a beautiful moonlit night, it could not possibly have been more romantic."
David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images
He continued, "And yes, my wife did propose to me and yes, I did say yes, but what I didn't say in that interview was there was a caveat, which is that I'm still old school enough that I said, 'This is a yes, but you have to give me the opportunity [to do it too].'"
"She has a biological father and a stepdad, who's the man who raised her. [I said], 'You have to give me the opportunity to ask both of those men for your hand in marriage.' And then, 'I would like the opportunity to re-propose to you and do it the old-fashioned way down on bended knee.' So, that's actually how the story ended up."
Joshua and Jodie would eventually marry in December 2019. Shortly thereafter, Jodie gave birth to the couple's first child, Janie, in 2020.
In a recent interview with Elle UK, Jodie shared the ways becoming a mother to Juno helped to heal her of her wounds from colorism she experienced in the past. "It's interesting because I had a lot of resistance to becoming a mother and, throughout my life, I always said if I were to have children, I wanted to have Black, Black babies so that I could affirm them as children with the love that I felt I needed to have been affirmed with by the outside world," Jodie shared with the outlet.
She continued, "Then I fell in love with my husband and we talked about having kids. I did have this mini pause, where I was like, 'She's going to be walking through the world not only having an experience that I did not have, but looking like people that, in a way, I'd always felt a little bit tormented by.' Now that I've got this little, tiny, light-skinned boss, I feel like it’s the universe teaching me lessons. I've been given a daughter who looks this way to heal my own conversations around colorism."
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Amy Sussman/Getty Images