No one pleases me like I do.
Although I've long since graduated from the younger years of strictly relying on my fingers (or a pillow) for self-pleasure, I have always been an advocate for the benefits of masturbation and encouraging women to get to know their bodies. What turns them on, what doesn't. What causes that sharp inhale when you feel pressure on just the right spot. That tingle that curls your toes and prompts you to arch.
There aren't a whole lot of things on this planet that feel as good as clitoral stimulation. That bundle of thousands of nerve endings is the key to unlocking most women's orgasms, but often gets ignored, especially when penetration enters the picture and entices you to let him come in to play. Literally.
It's easy to forget the promise the pads of your fingertips against your clit provides when you've learned what a d*ck can do to you.
I succumbed to that lifestyle and somewhere down the line, I forgot that small act of self-love I discovered in masturbation and began to treat it like a chore, or an action performed out of desperation in between dick appointments with bae. I forgot how to honor prioritizing my pleasure.
Maybe it was partially due to boredom. I had a vibrator, but it was a step up from a Bullet vibrator, had six speeds, but in the grand scheme of things, I would push masturbation to the back of my mind. I valued the personal connection of sexual intimacy, which isn't a bad thing, I just forgot how to balance and do both.
That was, until my self-pleasure game was reenergized. Enter, my new favorite sex toy: the Magic Massager.
I'm thoroughly convinced that it's literally the best vibrator to ever be created.
I didn't believe the sales rep behind the counter as I eyed my options at the nearby Starship one rainy Friday night. Initially, I wanted something cute, petite, and purple that was USB rechargeable. She shook her head and suggested getting the one by Adam & Eve or any wand that requires an outlet to work – those were the most powerful. I had seen them in porn, mostly BDSM videos, and the pleasure it seemed to evoke looked so intoxicating – eyes rolling to the back of your head, squirt-inducing orgasmic convulsions – but I wondered how much of it was an illusion. The cashier swore that she hadn't picked up any of her other toys since – that's how magical the wand was.
And she wasn't lying.
It packs power like no other vibrator I've ever experienced before. And though bulky in size, the intense pleasure it elicits is well worth the effort to plug it into an outlet and go to town on your p*ssy. With its head at my entrance, I can barely keep my eyes open – it feels that damn good. And then, almost instantly, I'm there. Riding that wave of the sometimes-evasive orgasm that seems to find me every single time with that wand. Sometimes I even get multiples. If I can take it. It's absolute magic in that way.
The first time I used it during sex, my partner had it pressed up against me with my legs positioned in spread eagle. He held me down with a firm hand on my belly and I writhed on the vibrator with fervor, like it was an itch I was trying to scratch. In a way, it was. The combination of him holding me so that I wouldn't run and turning the speed up a notch had me arriving in no time at all.
I couldn't even catch my breath before he was calling me to give him another one. My clit was so sensitive, I could barely bite back my cries. I was an ocean by the time he entered me and, of course, the Magic Wand stayed along for the ride as he thrust within me. I clenched around him with every wave that washed over me. It made for the most electrifying, intoxicating lovemaking session we've ever had.
I thought it'd lose its power if penetration was taken out of the picture, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much the wand fulfils me independently of anyone. Through it and its steady pulse, I was reminded of how much I loved masturbation, how much I missed self-pleasure, and how much I love getting myself off. No man necessary. Although, it's even better if you do.
Looking to upgrade the way you do self-pleasure, or to add to your collection? Check out some of our editor-approved favorite vibrators below.
1.Adam & Eve Magic Massager
Shop The Adam & Eve Magic Massager, $54.95; AMAZON
Do you partake in self-pleasure? What's your favorite way to indulge lately?
- Thank U, Next: Men Who Deliver ‘Broke D*ck’ Are Broken - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
In the crazy world of dating, so much attention is placed on the behavior during actual dates. Whether it is choosing the right outfit or making a good first impression, the focus tends to center on the in-person time spent together. But something that often gets overlooked is the significance of "between date behavior (BDB)." BDB is not just generic good morning text messages (that can be sent to 10 women in one minute), but rather text check-ins during the day and even nightly phone calls. This is the time when two people are apart but still find time for connection.
It is during these in-between moments that the foundation of a truly meaningful relationship is often built. A glaring example of what happens when there isn’t BDB is the early relationship between Carrie and Big from Sex and the City. At the beginning of the series, she was so hyper-focused on the time she spent together that she ignored that Big wasn’t calling or texting her often between dates. Instead, he would reach out and send cars based on his convenience… and not hers.
When it comes to dating, don’t be Carrie!
BDB in Dating
BDB in Dating #datingtips #datingadvice #singleblackfemale #singleblackwoman #blackfemininity #femininityforblackwomen #blackdatingadvice #blackdating #singlelatina #singlelatinas
Please realize that 80-90% of your time will NOT be with your partner while seriously dating, so the BDB will also be a significant part of your relationship. Here are some other reasons why what happens when you're not together is just as, if not more, significant than the hours spent face-to-face…
One of the key factors that makes BDB so crucial is authenticity. When we are with someone on a date, it is easy to put on a front (show one’s representative), showcasing our best qualities and concealing our flaws. But it is in our day-to-day interactions, the text messages and phone calls, that our true selves shine through.
Consistency in behavior is an indicator of authenticity. And authenticity builds trust. And trust is the cornerstone of any meaningful relationship.
Speaking of trust, it is one of the foundations of a successful relationship. Building it doesn't happen in a single evening. It's the consistency in behavior between dates that solidifies trust. When your person consistently communicates, shows interest, and keeps it respectful in the moments between your dates, it is reassuring that your potential partner is seriously interested and invested in the relationship.
Also, in between dates, the channels of communication become lifelines that connect two people and nurture emotional intimacy. How you communicate and what you choose to communicate about can significantly impact a growing relationship. Consistent, thoughtful messages and meaningful conversations like sharing your thoughts, dreams, and vulnerabilities can help create a strong emotional bond. Being supportive and understanding during difficult moments can bring you closer together.
While the time spent on a date is super important, the BDB, I would argue, should not be slept on. It's the glue that holds the connection together, builds trust, and sets the stage for a healthy, long-lasting relationship. So, the next time you find yourself waiting for that next date, remember that the journey between those dates is just as significant, if not more so, in the grand scheme of building a meaningful connection.
Hope this helps!
Coach Anwar is a certified dating and relationship coach who has 13 years of experience helping Black and brown women date with strategy, meet relationship-ready men, and get into the best relationship of their lives.
Featured image by Dimensions/Getty Images