To The Fellas: 7 Things To Send Her Instead Of A Peen Pic
We hear a lot of women talking about receiving photographs of wrinkled sausage in their inboxes, and unsurprisingly, most of them don't seem to be very happy about it. Some women post them in their GroupMe's and laugh about it with their girlfriends, others send scathing texts to the gross culprits, and the unnamed few actually like it.
Regardless of the outcome we all must admit that sending a peen pic is rather distasteful and definitely not creative. So in an effort for men to step their game up and find better ways to communicate than sending skin burritos with their precious data--this is a post for the humane few to share with their men friends.
From one man to another, here are 7 alternatives to sending her a peen pic:
1) Link to a mutually interesting article or book suggestion
Show her that you read bruh. Show her how you are abreast of what's going on in the world and our community. She'll be excited to know that you pay attention to more than just Instagram, Drake and the latest gossip. Be informed and inform her.
2) An enlightening quote
Feed her mind homie. Leave her in a daze. Motivate her with some metaphorical sh*t. Sometimes I just type a word in Google attached with "quote " and read a list of quotes associated with said word. Nothing is sexier to a woman than a man with an intuitive spirit and depth.
What's my secret weapon? Well, I can cook. My food pics have done more than any junk photo could do. Once she sees you can whip up a little something, wait for the "So when are you gonna cook for me?" line--that's your cue playboy. When you get to her house or she comes to yours, the only thing you'll have to ask next is, "How do you like your eggs, fried or fertilized?"
4) A dope playlist
There was a girl that I once talked to that loved music. We would go throughout the day sending new music to each other that we stumbled upon. If she likes music, put her on to a new song. Pass on a good song that she'll love and will always associate you with.
5) A non-braggadocios accomplishment
You passed an exam you studied hard for, you killed your quarterly assessment, or you got a certification that will propel you to more bread- share the good news. Women love to see a man out here getting it and working hard. She'll congratulate you and celebrate with you later, that's what real women do.
6) A compliment
Tell her something you liked about her that she was unaware of. It doesn't even have to be physical, as a matter of fact avoid the physical. Tell her a positive thing that she's brought into your life. Compliment a strong point about her, show her that you appreciate her.
7) A funny meme
Lighten up the mood, keep her laughing. Now with memes it's even easier to crack a joke, it can be goofy or even slightly inappropriate, but in meme form you get a slight pass. There's nothing wrong with being associated with laughter. Make her smile. Brighten her day.
Whatever you do fellas be unpredictable and be respectful. If you want to take risks and be direct, then be calculated and still be respectful.
Editor's Note: This article is in response to Dear Men: We Aren't Interested In Your Unsolicited Peen Pics.
Ladies, what do you think of Steve's tips?
Steve Hall is founder of the site theSUNK.com (the Sh*t U Need 2 Know). He is also a contributor at SingleBlackMale and have written guest posts at Clutch Magazine Online, Howard's The Hilltop Newspaper, and NerdattheCoolTable.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Though it is a year-long must for many, coffee hits different as the seasons change and the weather grows cooler. Similarly, a fall nail trend you're bound to see everywhere this season is latte nails. Just like sipping on a warm, comforting latte during the crisp autumn days, latte nails are all about providing those cozy vibes. Think earthy tones like creamy beige, caramel, and deep and soft browns or nudes with a touch of warmth.
Versatile and complementary of the warmer tones typical of the turn of the season, latte nails are a fabulous choice to embrace the sweater weather.
Latte Nail Design Ideas
Keep scrolling for different ways to rock latte nails this season.
Vanilla Latte Nails
Fall Brown Latte Nail Ideas
Coffee Latte Nails for Fall
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Catherine Falls Commercial/Getty Images