Mya made her debut in the industry in 1996 and, more than two decades later, sis still has her foot on our necks. When I grow up, I want a body like Mya, but according to her, the key to looking like a snack at age 40 is eliminating quite a few snacks from my diet.
The Grammy-award winning singer, who is the queen of all things vegan, recently took to Instagram to share details on the magical fruit that needs to be added to your shopping list ASAP. According to the Moodring singer, soursop is the exotic and healthy AF treat you didn't know you needed.
Mya recorded herself eating the fruit, which is found in Central America and the Carribean, and posted this caption:
"The green, heart-shaped fruit of the Graviola (or annona muricata) tree can weigh up to 15 pounds & grows in tropical regions of North, Central & South America. Boosts the immune system & eye health, but also an antioxidant, stress reliever with anti-inflammatory properties, helps with hypertension & diabetes, and helps prevent & fight cancer."
Mya likened the taste of the fruit to an apple jolly rancher and noted that next to a mango, soursop just happened to be her favorite fruit. Surrounded by a hard shell and filled-with a custard-like texture, soursop can be multi-purposed for a number of recipes like candy, tea, and ice cream. Along with being high in antioxidants, it can also fight bacteria, not to mention it's damn tasty and has been compared to a tangy mix between a strawberry and a pineapple.
While the fruit may not be available at your local grocery store, you can often get your hands on this fruit by ordering online through services like Fruits N' Roots. Along with sharing the health benefits of soursop, Mya also dropped a brand new vegan diet challenge and free beginners guide that will get your body all the way together for the holidays.
To learn more meal planning tips from Mya about how to get your body snatched AF for Santa in six days, scroll below:
- Raw key lime-blueberry cheesecake w date, cashew, walnut crust
- Spinach salad x 2 with chopped cashews & raw ginger-agave dressing
- Soursop leaf tea from @naturalike
- Fresh pressed pineapple
- Soursop (Guanabana), pink & yellow pitaya (dragonfruit), rambutan, passion fruit, baby banana
- Beetroot juice
- Spinach salad with avocado, tomato, mushroom & raw ginger-agave dressing
- Cashew, date, walnut bites over baby bananas with coconut nectar & pomegranate seeds
- Caprese salad with tomato, cashew cheese, cucumber, fresh basil, cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper
- Coconut water
- Fresh squeezed OJ
- Avocado, kale, banana smoothie
- Salad with apple slices & coconut cream dressing with @alkalinegourmet spices
- Leafy green salad with snap peas, radish, walnuts olive oil & lemon
- Fresh pressed carrot ginger juice
- Collard leaf wrap w tahini dressing
- Banana, coconut water, almond butter shake
- Honeydew melon
- Green juice
- Kelp noodle pasta w basil, cashew cream, olives & cherry tomatoes
- Raw key lime pie
- Watermelon, papaya juice
- Fresh squeezed OJ
- Cold pressed green juice of cucumber, celery, lemon, mint
- Post workout raw organic protein shake w sea moss powder by @alkalinegourmet
- Leafy greens salad w avocado, radish, carrot
- Raw coconut milk vegan nicecream (vanilla & peanut butter cacao)
Featured image by @MyaPlanet9.