First debuted in 1964, the swimsuit issue of Sports Illustrated quickly became a highly coveted honor in the modeling industry, but it wasn't until more than 30 years later that its cover featured a woman of color. No one anticipated that this 23-year-old woman from Inglewood, California would one day grow up to become a world-renowned supermodel, actress, and entrepreneur, who would retire from the modeling world at 32 out of fear of aging out of the industry; but now, in an unexpected plot twist, she's back from retirement with a new name, ready to shake up the industry once again.
When I was eighteen years old, I became hyper-aware of my weight. Mainly because I wanted to be a "model." I spent so many years taking in the images of beauty the media threw at me that I didn't even realize how I affect I was by the thin frames of the white women that were imprinted on the glossy pages.
In my mid-twenties, I made a choice that I had to gain some control over the way I saw myself.<p>I threw out the scale. I stopped counting calories. I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, and I asked people around me not to comment on my weight whether I was gaining or losing it. Any comment could send me into a downward spiral.</p> <p>Fast forward to now, I have put on some pounds because I have been allowing myself the freedom to enjoy getting to know new places through eating. Y'all I love food, and I'm not ashamed to say it and enjoy it. But, the clothes that I've been able to wear the last ten years don't fit as well as they used to and initially, that made me want to lose weight to fit back into them. But, for what? To say that I can still wear my clothes from my freshman year of college? Am I afraid to hear the comments about my weight gain? Am I letting my jeans' size define me?</p> <p>All of the above are true. </p> <h5>This week, I made a choice similar to that of throwing out the scale —to give up my size two and four jeans. </h5><p>Now, I know some of you may be thinking, "This skinny bitch is upset she doesn't fit into a size 2 or 4 anymore?" The answer to that is no. I'm not upset, but I am just like any other woman in the world dealing with gaining weight. We all have, and this has been one long ingrained in me. </p> <p>I took a trip to Zara on Saturday morning (Pro TIp: Get there around 11 am to avoid the fitting room line.) and picked up two of every 100% cotton jeans in the store in a 38 and 40, which are a size 6 and 8 in US sizes.</p>
Writer Bianca Lambert / xoNecole<p>In some of their cuts I was a size 6 and some I was an 8. In the classic mom jeans, which I love, I was an 8. Now, a few years ago, seeing that number imprinted on the tag of denim would have sent me into a dieting and workout frenzy. But, this time was different. I looked in the mirror and felt good — not to mention the jeans made me feel like a total babe. </p>
Women who have big boobs like to go swimming too! And sometimes it can be so hard to find a bathing suit that doesn't just fit but is actually flattering. No offense, we're just not trying to look like somebody's granny.
Madame High Waist Underwire Bikini x Swimsuits For All<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDg2My9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYzOTMyMTY4MH0.GjCQSZxr7Mwt5Z7vRzx5lFuOHyU8M2b3QO0_7AK63Yo/img.jpg?width=980" id="9c84d" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="a627f80bd98c84002a0bb1b81b7c99b5" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
swimsuitsforall.com<p>Not only are the patterns super cute, but the discrete underwire provides even more support during your fun in the sun. </p>
Paradise Palm Flounce Bikini x Elomi<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vbWVkaWEucmJsLm1zL2ltYWdlP3U9JTJGaXMlMkZpbWFnZSUyRkFuZHJhd2ViJTJGZWxvbWktZWxvbTAxLWVzNzE0My1jczElM0YlMjR6JTI0JmhvPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGaGVycm9vbS5zY2VuZTcuY29tJnM9MzQmaD05OWQ4MjJmODQwOTRkYjIyODEwYWJlZDRkMGUwZTEwMGEyZjY4NTA0Nzc2ZmY3MmVhZDY3NzY4ZDFiNGQ5YzEwJnNpemU9OTgweCZjPTI2NzM0MTUxNjQiLCJleHBpcmVzX2F0IjoxNjYzNjgzNDQ2fQ.5egfsFTjI_l9GRFECZ8oo-7TduI0BQs-f5SfR1oxdU4/img.jpg" id="91071" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="8e4f793d1dfb712727ba957d4d1b5219" />
Elomi<p>Can you see your frolicking on the beach in this one? It's everything!</p>
The Amalfi Ribbed x Andie Swim<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDg3Ny9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1NzYxNjgxMH0.B-VLTDLFOIbmlo0oQiHP1EW6D_sDchqgCbnCJgLIo5c/img.jpg?width=980" id="542ec" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="d85cdc40a05fa82d733b2fe49c13aed0" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
Andie Swim<p>The spandex and nylon combo will keep you comfortable and make sure your boobs stay intact. Just get it a size up!</p>
Honey Graphic One-Piece x Forever 21<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDg5OC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY2NTQyMDY1MX0.42XNBv8gaAOaimOt2GMxNeCCQu2iJ9NIkfBASyHZ7m8/img.jpg?width=980" id="4b366" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="093eb8e5c0e33585486237aa7985589b" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
www.forever21.com<p>Forever 21 continues to nail it with its plus-size line, and this adorable Honey swimsuit is no different. </p>
Curve, High Leg, High waist Bikini x ASOS<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDkwNi9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyMTA4NDEzOX0.dhwC97UoyhJCpwGhcO4vhRo03WOp2bCx6wW25KGt3a0/img.jpg?width=980" id="1fea0" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="e89cdbb17b3fcc0dc81f76da3eb12a7f" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
ASOS<p>This classic black and white piece goes beyond the traditional two-piece with a crop-top inspired top. And it's perfect for women with fuller breasts!</p>
Beachfront V-Neck one Piece Swimsuit x Swimsuits For All<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDkxNy9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1MjIwMTcyOX0.fjms2n_2lNGoxx-WClJXoaBSLA9nDkZupZ1vVyqF_kM/img.jpg?width=980" id="1172b" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="5c8b90953beea1465287874eb80ada3e" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
swimsuitsforall.com<p>Who said women with big boobs can't rock patterns? This purple floral suit with a yellow background is giving all the feels. </p>
Bow-Tie One Shoulder One Piece x Target<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vbWVkaWEucmJsLm1zL2ltYWdlP3U9JTJGaXMlMkZpbWFnZSUyRlRhcmdldCUyRkdVRVNUXzYyODRmY2NiLWI4YjMtNGIwZC05MGRmLTZlN2ZlM2YyMjI0YiUzRndpZCUzRDQ4OCUyNmhlaSUzRDQ4OCUyNmZtdCUzRHBqcGVnJmhvPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGdGFyZ2V0LnNjZW5lNy5jb20mcz0xMTMmaD01ZmEwNzg2MDA4Y2RjMDAxMWM0YzA2ZjU0ZGE2YmRiYTE5NzBlZDg4NDRmOGZjNDBkMDU1ZmY3MTI0YTY3MDFkJnNpemU9OTgweCZjPTI1ODMzNTQxODAiLCJleHBpcmVzX2F0IjoxNjYwOTA1NjYzfQ.Uh7FZ6sEJAimnc9deV3Cus0fUJKzS3phOAWfhASTY5Y/img.jpg" id="c5c58" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="7fa69ed3d446f249e7aadb0dbad49759" />
target.com<p>An all-black swimsuit will never steer you wrong. And the bow-tie shoulder strap adds an extra dose of sexy. </p>
Wolf & Whistle Contrast Swimsuit x ASOS<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDk0Mi9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY1MDU3MzMxNH0.JLdG7ZVQXkULFVxN5NA1KWCEdkIfdsO7900LTcvZxTc/img.jpg?width=980" id="6b54e" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="a2e4fad637f50624665e2ab7ae72fe0a" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
ASOS<p>You don't have to worry about your breasts falling out of this plunging neckline swimsuit. </p>
Miraclesuit x Macy’s<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vbWVkaWEucmJsLm1zL2ltYWdlP3U9JTJGaXMlMkZpbWFnZSUyRk1DWSUyRnByb2R1Y3RzJTJGMSUyRm9wdGltaXplZCUyRjExNTcyNjMxX2ZweC50aWYlM0ZvcF9zaGFycGVuJTNEMSUyNndpZCUzRDEyMzAlMjZoZWklM0QxNTAwJTI2Zml0JTNEZml0JTJDMSUyNiUyNGZpbHRlcnhscmclMjQmaG89aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZzbGltYWdlcy5tYWN5c2Fzc2V0cy5jb20mcz05MzkmaD01YThlZTc2ZTEwNGU0NTAwOTcxNjkxNjRiMmZiNjQxMTcxZTkwZWViODgzNjhmOTk2MzUzOGQ4MTBiZjZiYWVmJnNpemU9OTgweCZjPTE1NzM2NjgzOTYiLCJleHBpcmVzX2F0IjoxNjczNzE5ODI1fQ.EAYWdWVuP7ql5CulmEJ-NFCRvmzp43CKVA5oyKW0q9A/img.jpg" id="97d07" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="c4da1b1015a81dff9f1956a601abcd0c" />
Macy's<p>This is proof you don't have to sacrifice a cute swimsuit for your boobs to stay in place!</p>
Secret-Slim Graphic Swimsuit x Old Navy<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDk5OC9vcmlnaW4uanBnIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTYyMTAwMzI5M30.GBQWorf_oT2iMDm8kMzmPxRpFrTu7dVd89CWuKSHfVw/img.jpg?width=980" id="f4249" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="7051d837faddacdd50bbd86f01d53c35" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
oldnavy.gap.com<p>Bring good times to the beach in this super cute "Make It Fun" one-piece. </p>
The Voyager x Summer Salt<img lazy-loadable="true" src="https://assets.rebelmouse.io/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJpbWFnZSI6Imh0dHBzOi8vYXNzZXRzLnJibC5tcy8xOTM4NDk5My9vcmlnaW4ucG5nIiwiZXhwaXJlc19hdCI6MTY0NDYyNTc3MH0._sn79ksR0c3FfBxJ2f1o4zI6f2hqrH9anmPnGBQVvBw/img.png?width=980" id="42183" class="rm-shortcode" data-rm-shortcode-id="74cd95c93d12bf4ebad433cc4514958f" data-rm-shortcode-name="rebelmouse-image" />
Summer Salt<p>Turn heads for the right reasons with this adorable leopard-print suit. </p>
Most girls love custom dresses for their special occasions but I love custom lingerie for my day-to-day.
1. The Design Experience<p><img src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LyNmRf3iloC_HZGlfXDMF08YhCGbDGilA5RLnwJfGd-GSsYs8Am57OaqQqEfVUoLwCV8lBLTdIZkeY_9YQ2e5hPR6NuoiNCaAghJmRClLdzqwZdty3GAKJ-Pc0J6W8EG1Djm1BrrGRqorOOP_g"></p><p> <strong>Photography by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/photogduck/" target="_blank">@photogduck</a></strong> </p><p class="caption"> <strong>Lingerie by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/sadabysarah/" target="_blank">@sadabysarah</a></strong> </p><p> Together, you and the designer determine the design and cuts that will be best for you based on your measurements. This is your opportunity to get creative and collaborate with the designer to make a lingerie piece that best suits you and/or your partner's desires. Whether it's a simple bra and panty set or an exotic bodysuit; you have all of the options beyond your imagine. <br> </p>
2. Lingerie Meant To Fit Your Body<p><img src="https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/ynfa4MpvAVqNhhTcyS9giOe7GkiOeBoVKoIKix5Z2wwq6FqtQi1EwJ32cDNdcMTN8qVw5rXU7wpG-YawucxO6jD1xEqoFX7HDoBmBq8AbczOgHPoVrnfTSTuLClHu1BS6acd5qzAOlTxipjNBw"></p><p class="caption"> Photography by @photogduck </p><p class="caption"> Lingerie by @sadabysarah </p><p class="caption"> Creative Direction @eye_van02 </p><p> Sada by Sarah specifically makes lingerie based on your measurements. All you have to do is follow the measurement directions and send in your design style of choice. The goal of custom lingerie is to give clients the awareness of their power; you can wear the piece to make yourself feel good in your own private space, or wear it to engage with your spouse. Set the mood in the right way. </p>
3. One Of A Kind Pieces That Are Timelessly Sexy<p><img src="https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/B5sKh1V6uKQq7rqv_FuZrLGOvctRLTOVma_Jh1IlLji2F3F3myyPry1VUyEEo6HLQj1cbDzh9lrrirahi0kxYhoeemKbG5wUXttKZt8gGHFbCZuFJ0cePjYQGEKz0rS1IPOzpMQjkg50xyH3NQ"></p><p class="caption"> Photography by <a href="https://www.instagram.com/bryantaylorjohnson/?hl=en" target="_blank">@bryantaylorjohnson</a><br> </p><p class="caption"> Lingerie by @sadabysarah </p><p> Custom lingerie pieces are timelessly sexy. You can keep them forever and wear them as many times as you want and they will never look dated. Let's face it. You see the work. There is literally nothing like it. </p>
4. The Versatility To Wear It Whenever, Wherever<p><img src="https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/dEXDS6_FVE4nz28BPzf_3EkQM44p11J03lCvX2UsR4eqCDt--mT3jwo3UcLy57ibP6kchAX3ldNio8sQExFE52cSs-cKHBBVuJqt3NgJ63UG-0GxCxPHcp-arnTupqsAOJhMVUPNAfKo7Jk01g"></p><p>Waist Cincher and Bra by @sadabysarah<br></p><p class=""> Dress by @pretttylittlething </p><p> The Sada by Sarah designs are versatile. You have the option of wearing her pieces to either set the mood and wear as outerwear. Especially if you decide to purchase a fabulous waist cincher to accentuate your curves or add flair to your dress. Wear it out and mix it with your everyday clothing. The power is yours.<br></p>
5. You Can Enhance The Parts Of Your Body You Love Most<p><img src="https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/JtnJ3DgeDY2yOtRb9zExPVg0rtWUwvAkoOjqL4GdKnO339EDQUy9YvCeLo56YwSNrXgi_za2JxfuyaMUNK0CDsV3c36mglxBaFH-6PfnroEAlIxWifZWLIxUwPDbrpxc3zOAjJRs4zKrjtMYWQ"></p><p class="caption"> Photography by @sequoyahdaniel </p><p class="caption"> Lingerie by @sadabysarah </p><p> Whether skinny, curvy, tall, or short, custom lingerie is made to not only fit you but to enhance the parts of your body that you love. Or to conceal the parts you don't like as much. Let's be real, we love our bodies but there can be parts that we don't like as much. We got options!</p><p><span></span>There are women that spend their entire lives without taking the time to get comfortable with their sexuality. Now is the time to get acquainted with your definition of beauty internally and externally. Designing lingerie for yourself, whether it's basic textures, sexy, or colorful, could be your first step. Wearing Sada by Sarah allows you to create a piece that suits your personality and gives you the freedom to accentuate your favorite body parts. Get out that measuring tape and get ready to explore a new and divine you. </p><p>Give yourself time to embrace your sexuality and do it for you sis. Okay!<br></p>
Slimthick sounds cute and all for the 'gram, but I have been fighting to get back to my "pre-college" weight, well, since college.