Valentine's Day Gifts For Bae That Will Instantly Make His Heart Melt
If your "BAE" has earned his title, then why not give him a prize that he will place before anything else? Exactly, we think you get our point.
Sis, Valentine's Day is just days away and it's time to pull out all the stops and get him a gift that will not only make his heart melt, but also make him sweat.
Have no idea of what to get Mr. Right? Then look no further. Since we don't want you to miss out on any of the romantic moments leading up to the big day, we curated the perfect list of gifts that will not only make your bae's heart skip a beat, but may also result in him throbbing with a thank you.
We know, you can thank us later!
No beer-drinking sports fanatic can resist the taste of beer fresh from the tap, but what if we told you that you can get him a gift that will bring that fizzy fresh pour home? Well, with the Fizzics' DraftPour you can. The portable beer tap dramatically improves the quality of any bottled and canned beer. Cheers!
Forget buying chocolates, why not bless your sweetie with McCrea's Candies? Handcrafted in small batches, these luxe caramels are the perfect gift for a man that likes to experiment with the sweeter things in life. There are fifteen flavors including Single Malt Scotch, a flavor rich and spiked with smoky Ardmore Scotch.
If you have a tastemaker that loves to entertain, then the easy-to-use Tastemaker Complete Cocktail Shaker Infuser Set may be the perfect gift. The kit includes everything you need to make homemade infused spirits, making it a luxe gift! With a 9 fl oz infuser with a built-in stainless steel mesh filter, perfectly shaped rounded ice ball molds, and 10 Exclusive Drink Recipes, your beau will be more than ecstatic to party the night away with you.
Your music connoisseur's heart may skip a beat when he uses these Oomo 3D 5.1 Surround Sound HiFi Earbuds, but best believe, these earphones will never miss a beat. Perfect for music, movies, gaming, and travel, these earphones offer 3D Virtual 5.1 Surround Sound, allowing your bae to hear crystal clear bass without unwanted feedback. It sounds like a perfect gift to us!
For Your Flavor Savor Chef: Spice Madam
Spice up your cooking bae's life with a spice-subscription box from Spice Madam. Each month, a box shows up at your loved one's door offering a culinary journey to a new destination with spices and recipes from around the world.
Playtime is in session with the G-Spot Rabbit Couple's Playtime Set, a high-quality adult intimacy kit that comes with pleasure products made to spice up the bedroom. With a little something for you and a little something for him, this gift is made for couple-shared stimulation and satisfaction!
Let your bae turn his bathroom into a spa. Perfect to soothe him after working hard on V-Day, the Travertine Spa Collection of Eucalyptus Steam Shower Sprays are the perfect gift to inspire your man to unwind using its soothing, aromatic, and relaxing scents.
If your guy loves to play with gadgets, then the F100 Ghost will be all the rage. This ultra quiet brushless device can not only capture flight in HD using its detachable 1080p camera, but this GoPro ready drone has incredible maneuverability, 2 speeds, and is perfect for tricks and flips.
While we're quite sure you'll be getting lots of kisses this V-Day, why not spice things up with Kisses 4 Us, a game that will benefit the both of you all year long? This soft-touch laminated box is filled with 30 Unique Kiss Cards and it's ready to play right away. Simply choose a kiss card, follow the prompt, and let the smooching begin!
If he's the guy that likes to treat you to an expensive dinner, then reverse the role and prepare him a lobster dinner right in the comfort of your own home. Thanks to Get Maine Lobster, you can have fresh Maine lobster delivered to your door in a variety of ways. From lobster rolls to buttery lobster tails, you don't have to wait for a table, you can serve your man in bed. Just be prepared to be dessert.
Check out xoNecole's other gift guides here.
Featured image by Getty Images.
- The 15 best Valentine's Day gifts for him ›
- 35 Best Valentine's Day Gifts for Him - Great Men's Valentines ... ›
- 35 Best Valentine's Day Boyfriend Gift Ideas for Him 2019 ›
- 52 Unique Valentine's Day Gifts for Him of 2019 - Dodo Burd ›
- 55 Valentine's Day Gifts for Your Boyfriend or Husband | Real Simple ›
- 2019 Valentine's Day Gifts For Him | Personalization Mall ›
- 2019 Valentine's Day Gifts for Him | Men's Valentines | Personal ... ›
- 50 Best Valentine's Day Gifts for Him 2019 - Good Ideas for ... ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Russell and Nina Westbrook are one of those low-key, unproblematic couples we don’t talk about enough. They met in college and got married in 2015. They also have a beautiful family with three kids. While Russell is an NBA star, Nina is a licensed family and marriage therapist and a mental health advocate.
She recently launched the podcast The Relationship Chronicles with Nina Westbrook, and in the latest episode, she had none other than her husband on as a guest. The college sweethearts dived into important topics from marriage to children and how they navigate it all.
One of the topics they touched on was dealing with resentment in your relationship. The former MVP highlighted the sacrifices his wife has had to make in order for him to pursue a career in the NBA, and that’s why it’s also important for him to support his wife whenever he can.
“For me is respecting and understanding what your partner do and the time it takes,” Russell said. “Not kind of downplaying what they do, understanding the time and energy and effort they're doing to make sure whether it’s their job or making sure home is taken care of, and understanding that, I think that is the challenge of not being resentful.”
Nina agreed and also shared her thoughts on resentment. According to her, one of the best things couples should do is have their own identity and passions outside of the relationship in an effort to be fulfilled.
“I also think that when you’re in a relationship, that’s why it’s so important that each individual kinda pursue their own passions and follow their own dreams as I feel like it only becomes or leads to resentment when one person is not feeling fulfilled in what they're doing in their lives,” she explained.
“And so, they will start to look at the other partner who’s happy or excelling or promoting or moving along in their journey, then they’re left feeling stuck like they sacrificed themselves, their happiness, their career, their future and have not pursued it in the name of the relationship or their partner. So, it’s so much easier to avoid those feelings of resentment when you’re each equally pursuing your passions.”
The couple has many passions that they work on together and separately. Outside of basketball and his family, Russell has become known for his eclectic style and started the fashion brand Honor The Gift. Nina has her podcast, and she also started the mental health website Bene. Together, they run the Why Not? Foundation, which works with kids in underserved communities.
“I’m a firm believer that one person can’t be everything to you, so you have to sort of seek out those different friendships or groups or hobbies or activities that help to fulfill you,” Nina concluded.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Jon Kopaloff/Getty Images for Religion of Sports