Mixing prints can be tricky until you get the hang of it.
It may seem like this is a trick that only street style stars can achieve. But, there's nothing you can't do without a little planning and prayer. We want to empower you with some great tips on how to do it right without looking like you got dressed in the dark.
It's not rocket science though. The biggest key is to be playful. Don't take yourself so seriously.
Keep these tips and tricks in mind:
- Graphic prints play well with other
- If you mix prints of different sizes and scales, make sure one color ties them together
- Try different silhouettes like a structured print with one that is gone with the wind fabulous
- Two bold prints with a neutral help break up the clutter
- Sometimes a belt helps to blend the patterns and give you a fluid look.
- Polka dots and stripes were meant to mix it up together
- Inverting colors is fly! For example, find a white top with black stripes with a black pants with white stripes
Take cues from these beauties. Ready? Let's mix it up!
Size is a major factor when mixing plaids. If you have a larger print like Ama's skirt, make your top a less dominant pattern.
Think you got it down? Let us know how you rock it.
These 15 Summer to Fall Pieces Will Help You Transition Your Wardrobe - Read More
The Minimalist Guide to Fall Style - Read More
Style Guide: Co-Ord Sets Are the Ultimate Trend Win - Read More
Feature Photo: Juliette Foxx of @romeosfashionfix